Non-Refundable Rental Deposit
The required non-refundable rental deposit will be 30% of the total rental fee and is due within one week of the signing of this contract after which the booking will be annulled. The remaining balance of the rent is due twenty-one (21) days before the 1st day of the rental. The entirety of this payment is non-refundable if this booking is cancelled in writing less than seven (7) working days in advance of your show. The maximum period for one booking is 14 days. A month of continuous use will not be booked at any one time. A person, who wishes to book two periods during the year, will be allowed one booking before June 30th (if available) and one booking after June 30th (if available).
The duty to secure the premises is the responsibility of the renter. The society requires you to engage one of its gallery attendants to be present on the site between the opening and closing hours of the premises each day at an additional cost of TT$ 250.00 per day (12noon-6pm) from the date of occupation and one day after and TT$250.00 (from 6pm-9pm or any part thereof, on the opening night). The attendant will assist the renter in opening up and closing the Gallery during their occupation as well as arrange returning the gallery to the required state (one day after closing day). This amount is to be paid directly to the ASTT.
All artists in a group showing need to be financial members of the ASTT in order to qualify for the Artists Membership Rental Rates.
Responsibilities of the Renter
- The Renter is responsible for his/her own advertising, invitations, invitation list, insurance of the works, bar/drinks and catering.
- Arrangements for hangingof the show, this includes the materials used for hanging, can be made between a renter and an ASTT assistant to hang the show with pre-arranged fee going directly to that assistant. Also to supply their own hanging materials such as nails, numbers, red stickers and photocopies of their Catalogue/Sales List.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to remove all of their art and belongingsby the end of the day on the last day of their exhibition or a rental charge of TT$75.00 per day will be incurred until the items are removed.
- Installation Artists (this includes Jewellers) must provide their own display units and remove them by the end of the day after the end of the exhibition or a rental charge of TT$850.00 per day will be incurred until the items are removed.
- The ASTT kitchen may be used but must be kept in a tidy and cleancondition daily. The refrigerator must be cleared of all the renter’s items at the end of their exhibition.
- The use of the ASTT Office, by the renter, is not permitted.
- The renter will bring their own cleaning materials and the toilet facilities to be kept stocked and cleaned by them and/or the gallery attendant.
- Upon request and agreement, with the Rentals Manager and or President, the ASTT gallery walls may be paintedto suit the renter but the renter bears the responsibility to have the gallery walls painted and then to re-paint them into the colours they were found before their contract began.
Painting arrangements can be made, privately/separately, either with a contractor or Mr. Gregory Williams. These arrangements are outside of the responsibility of the ASTT.
Curatorial Services may be available, at a cost, for following services:
Advice on invitations, press releases, advertising using all media (including social media), layout of art, etc. These services are to be arranged privately between the renter and the curator and are not the responsibility of the ASTT. Enquires may be made at the ASTT.
The ASTT, as a courtesy, can send e-vites to the various media houses. Artists desiring to have a press release sent to various media houses in addition to the e-vite, need to indicate this and send a press release, two high resolution images of new works that will be in the exhibition, an updated bio as well as an updated bio picture and invite/flyer to be used. This must be done, by the renter, 10 days before by forwarding the information to the Public Relations Committee @ email@example.com. The printing of the press release, although sent by the ASTT to media houses, is not promised.
To have Exhibition placed on ASTT’s website (under review)
The renter’s art works (incl. jewellery) are not insured during the exhibition of a renter. The renter is encouraged to take out insurance of their exhibition for the value of the art works during the time of the exhibition at the ASTT.
A Renter has to provide his/her own telephone service. The use of the ASTT’s telephone is not allowed for outgoing calls.
The Gallery has Internet Connection and a renter will be supplied with the password on request to access ASTT’s Internet Service for the duration of their exhibition.
Use of Plants for decoration during the Exhibition
Where plants are to be used to decorate the gallery, it is a requirement that plastic saucers be used under the plants.
The gallery is rented primarily as a Visual Arts space as prescribed in the signed contract. Any deviation must have the approval of the Board of Directors.
Display Walls/Desk/Art Storeroom
There are 4 recently constructed tall Display Walls at the gallery. These walls are to be used in the upright position only and are not to be removed. They shall not be placed on their sides or be used to sit on. Any damage to these walls occurring during occupation and caused by the renter are to be repaired by the renter.
The Gallery Desk is not to be removed from the gallery and the Art storeroom may only be used with expressed and written permission from the Officers of the Board.
A Renter is not allowed to use the ASTT logo on his/her Exhibition Invitation and/or other documentation such as Flyers.
Gallery Opening Times
Tuesday-Saturday: 12noon – 6pm
Opening Night Functions 6:00pm-8:30pm
Other hours may be available ONLY if pre-arranged, contracted and paid for.
Use of the ASTT’s Point of Sales Machine (POS) at the Gallery
If a renter would like to make use of the ASTT’s Point Of Sale (POS) machine at the Gallery, a service charge of 5% will be deducted if a credit card has been used and TT$5.00 if a Linx card has been used for each sale of the day processed by the POS machine to cover cost incurred by the ASTT.
A copy of the price list stating sold pieces and method of payment needs to submitted to facilitate prompt payment, to the ASTT, for accounting purposes, or payments will not be made.
The renter needs to indicate the need for using the POS machine at the time of the contract being drawn up.
The renter cannot ask for this facility the day of the start of the exhibition.
NB: Variations to the above outlined General Guidelines can occur depending on the specific requirements of a renter and such arrangements will be outlined in the contract.
Receipts for Corporate Citizens buying Art from the Gallery
The ASTT will supply, upon request only, official receipts for original art bought at the Gallery from the Renter. These must be signed by an Officer on the Board of ASTT.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information concerning the rental of the Gallery.