This is a juried exhibition!
Tuesday 10th – Saturday 21st November, 2015
@ Art Society of Trinidad and Tobago
Theme of Exhibition: “BLACK”
SUBMISSION Dates: Wednesday 4th – Thursday 5th November 2015 (10am – 5pm)
JURYING Dates: 6th – 7th, November, 2015
Pieces not in the exhibition : 8th – 9th November, 2015 (10am – 5pm)
Pieces in exhibition: 22nd – 23rd November, 2015 (10am – 5pm)
1. Exhibitors shall be financial members of the ASTT.
2. A non-refundable submission fee of eighty dollars [TT$80.00] per piece is due when exhibits
3. All submissions shall have a completed label affixed to each exhibit. [Labels will be provided]
4. Works in all visual media shall be eligible [paintings, photography, prints, drawings, sculptures, architecture and design, film, new media, 3-D installations and other experimental works].
5. Each artist is to submit one (1) piece of work which shall not have been exhibited prior.
6. All 2-D works shall not exceed an area of 18” X 24” unframed.
7. All sculptures, installations and other 3-D works shall not exceed a base of 18” X 24” and must fit through a doorway of 80” X 30”.
8. All works must be submitted ready-to-hang [this would include hooks and wire]. Works that cannot be hung will be placed on pedestals provided by the ASTT gallery.
9. Works can be framed in any colour. The matting must not exceed 2” ( two ) or it will be rejected by the submissions team.
10. All installations shall arrive with clear instructions as to assembly of the exhibit or the artist should provide assistance with setup. This should be negotiated with the Curator of the event.Each sculpture must be labelled with sculptor’s name, title of work, size and medium.
11. Works that arrive after 5pm on November 05, 2015 will not be accepted.
12. Artists submitting fragile works; every precaution is taken in handling pieces during installation and the exhibition. While on ASTT premises, insurance is carried for: fire, burglary, damage and theft and is liable to the exhibitor only to the extent of its recovery under said policies. ASTT reserves the right to refuse any artwork deemed “too delicate” to adequately protect during normal handling by ASTT staff.
13. Unsuccessful exhibitors will be notified via phone and/or e-mail and arrangements must be made to collect works.
14. Any uncollected work, after the specified dates, will incur a charge of $75 per day and will not be covered by insurance. The ASTT will not accept any responsibility for damages
15. Shipping arrangements to and from the gallery shall be totally the responsibility of the artist and where required, return shipping arrangements should be concluded in advance and this shall be the responsibility of the artist.
16. A commission of 25% is due to the ASTT when an exhibit is sold. The selling price of the exhibit is arrived at as follows:
Artist’s price = 10,000 =75%
Selling price = Artist price X 4/3 = 10,000X4/3=40,000/3=13,333.
17. ASTT Gallery will assume all responsibility for unpacking and hanging the show.
18. An on-line catalogue is planned for this exhibition. Each participating artist will be featured.
Works that are juried out of the exhibition will be featured in the ASTT’s on-line catalogue.
19. Kindly provide high resolution 2000pixels x 2000pixels ( >/= 300 dpi) image, name, size and medium of submitted art for inclusion on- line. Please note that these images should be shot prior to putting the artwork under glass.
20. All images of artwork should be sent to Mr. Robert Ramkissoon. If assistance is required with high resolution images, please contact Robert Ramkissoon robertramkissoonastt(at)gmail.com