THEME : “TRADITIONS OF TRINIDAD & TOBAGO”
May Members Group Exhibition
Submissions Call 2016
THIS IS A JURIED EXHIBITION!
Dates of Exhibition: Monday 2nd May – Saturday 28th May, 2016
SUBMISSION Dates: Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th April, 2016 (10am – 5pm)
JURYING Date: Thursday 28th April, 2016
(Pieces not in the exhibition) Friday 29th and Saturday 30th April, 2016 (10am – 5pm)
(End of Exhibition) Tuesday 31st May and Wednesday 1st June, 2016 (10am – 5pm)
LOCATION: The Art Society of Trinidad and Tobago
Cor. Jamaica Blvd & St Vincent Ave
Federation Park, Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Exhibitors shall be financial members of the ASTT.
- MEMBERSHIP CANNOT BE PAID FOR DURING SUBMISSIONS, IT MUST BE DONE BEFORE.
- A non-refundable submission fee of eighty dollars [TT$80.00] per piece is due when exhibits are submitted.
- All submissions shall have a completed label affixed to each exhibit. [Labels will be provided]
- Works in all visual media shall be eligible [paintings, photography, prints, drawings, sculptures, architecture and design, film, new media, 3-D installations and other experimental works].
- Each artist is to submit one (1) piece of work which shall not have been exhibited prior.
- All 2-D works shall not exceed an area of 18” X 24” unframed or it will be rejected.
- All sculptures, installations and other 3-D works shall not exceed a base of 18” X 24” and must fit through a doorway of 80” X 30”.
- All works must be submitted ready-to-hang [this would include hooks and wire]. Works that cannot be hung will be placed on pedestals provided by the ASTT gallery.
- Works can be framed in any colour. The matting must not exceed 2” (two) or it will be rejected by the submissions team.
- All installations shall arrive with clear instructions as to assembly of the exhibit or the artist should provide assistance with setup. This should be negotiated with the Curator of the event. Each sculpture must be labelled with sculptor’s name, title of work, size and medium.
- Works that arrive after 5pm on the last day of submissions will not be accepted.
- Artists submitting fragile works; every precaution is taken in handling pieces during installation and the exhibition. While on ASTT premises, insurance is carried for: fire, burglary, damage and theft and is liable to the exhibitor only to the extent of its recovery under said policies. ASTT reserves the right to refuse any artwork deemed “too delicate” to adequately protect during normal handling by ASTT staff.
- Unsuccessful exhibitors will be notified via phone and/or e-mail and arrangements must be made to collect works on the specified dates.
- Any uncollected work, after the specified dates, will incur a charge of $75 per day and will not be covered by insurance. The ASTT will not accept any responsibility for damages etc..
- Shipping arrangements to and from the gallery shall be totally the responsibility of the artist and where required, return shipping arrangements should be concluded in advance and this shall be the responsibility of the artist.
- A commission of 25% is due to the ASTT when an exhibit is sold. The selling price of the exhibit is arrived at as follows:
Artist price x 4 / 3 (e.g. 1000 x 4 = 40,000 / 3 = 13,333.) = Selling price
- ASTT Gallery will assume all responsibility for unpacking and hanging the show.
- An on–line catalogue is planned for this exhibition. Each participating artist will be featured. Works that are juried out of the exhibition will be featured in the ASTT’s on-line catalogue.
- Kindly provide high resolution 2000pixels x 2000pixels (>/= 300 dpi) image[s] of the artwork for inclusion on- line. Please note that these images should be shot prior to putting the image under glass.
- All images of artwork should be sent to the following web link:
- If assistance is required with high resolution images, please contact Robert Ramkissoon at sepiastudiott(at)gmail.com. Or 684-3503.
- The ASTT can have your artwork photographed at a cost of $40. per photo if you cannot provide one yourself.
Note: Any images taken by Ilka Hilton-Clarke must be accompanied by a letter of
“Authorisation of use” otherwise it cannot be used by the ASTT.