VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
The Art Society of Trinidad and Tobago
May members group exhibition
Submissions Call 2017
THIS IS A JURIED EXHIBITION!
Dates of Exhibition: Tuesday 16th May – Wednesday 31st May, 2017
SUBMISSION Dates: Friday 12th – Saturday 13th May, 2017 (10am – 5pm)
PRE-JURYING: Submission deadline – Thursday 4th May, 2017
Pre-Jurying – Friday 5th May, 2017
Member’s notification – Saturday 6th May, 2017
Collection Dates(End of Exhibition) : Thursday 1st June – Friday 2nd June, 2017 (10am – 5pm)
The Art Society of Trinidad and Tobago
Cor. Jamaica Blvd & St Vincent Ave
Federation Park, Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
To participate in our May Member Exhibition you have to be a member, become a member today and showcase your creativity in this exhibition.
1. Exhibitors shall be financial members of the AST.
2. A non-refundable submission fee of eighty dollars [TT$80.00] per piece is due when exhibits are submitted.
3. All submissions shall have a completed label affixed to each exhibit. [Labels will be provided]
4. Works in all visual media shall be eligible [paintings, photography, prints, drawings, sculptures, architecture and design, film, new media, 3-D installations and other experimental works].
5. Each artist is to submit one (1) piece of work which shall not have been exhibited prior.
6. All 2-D works shall not exceed an area of 18” X 24” unframed or it will be rejected.
7. All sculptures, installations and other 3-D works shall not exceed a base of 18” X 24” and must fit through a doorway of 80” X 30”.
8. All works must be submitted ready-to-hang [this would include hooks and wire]. Works that cannot be hung will be placed on pedestals provided by the ASTT gallery.
9. Works can be framed in any colour. The matting must not exceed 2” (two) or it will be rejected by the submissions team.
10. All installations shall arrive with clear instructions as to assembly of the exhibit or the artist should provide assistance with setup. This should be negotiated with the Curator of the event. Each sculpture must be labelled with sculptor’s name, title of work, size and medium.
11. Works that arrive after 5pm on the last day of submissions will not be accepted.
12. Artists submitting fragile works; every precaution is taken in handling pieces during
installation and the exhibition. While on ASTT premises, insurance is carried for: fire, burgla ry,
damage and theft and is liable to the exhibitor only to the extent of its recovery under said
policies. ASTT reserves the right to refuse any artwork deemed “too delicate” to adequately
protect during normal handling by ASTT staff.
13. Unsuccessful exhibitors will be notified via phone and/or e-mail.
14. Any uncollected work, after the specified dates, will incur a charge of $75 per day and will not be covered by insurance. The ASTT will not accept any responsibility for artwork after the specified collection date.
15. Shipping arrangements to and from the gallery shall be totally the responsibility of the artist and where required, return shipping arrangements should be concluded in advance and this shall be the responsibility of the artist.
16. A commission of 25% is due to the ASTT when an exhibit is sold. The selling price of the exhibit is arrived at as follows:
Artist price x 4 / 3 (e.g. 1000 x 4 = 40,000 / 3 = 13,333.) = Selling price
17. ASTT Gallery will assume all responsibility for unpacking and hanging the show.
18. Kindly provide high resolution 2000pixels x 2000pixels (>/= 300 dpi) image[s] of the artwork for inclusion on- line. Please note that these images should be shot prior to putting the image under glass.
19. All images of artwork should be sent to the following email address: admin(at)artsocietytt.org
20. If assistance is required with high resolution images, please contact Robert Ramkissoon at sepiastudiott(at)gmail.com. Or 684-3503.
21. All artwork must be accompanied by an interpretation of your submission in no more than 75 words ( 1 Paragraph ).