CALL TO ARTISTS
The Art Society of Trinidad and Tobago is inviting member-artists to submit works in any media, of any theme, best identifying their own style to be a part of a Consignment Gallery. The objective is to create a body of work, which we can install in the gallery in between rentals so that there are never blank walls at this gallery and that revenue is generated to support the upkeep of the ASTT. In addition, we will host this gallery on our website as well as in a physical folder to be kept at the gallery. Any visitor to the gallery enquiring about a particular artist should be available in the desktop catalogue.
- A maximum of two (2) original works per artist.
- Artwork must be professionally framed and ready to hang. Unsuitable work will not be accepted.
- Works can be of any theme, size or medium and must be of a high standard and attractive to potential buyers.
- These works will be part of the ASTT’s Consignment Gallery. Works may not all be displayed at any one point, but rotated on occasion. All works submitted, will be included in our online consignment gallery on www.artsocietytt.org and in a folder kept in the art gallery for visitors to the ASTT to peruse. These works will also be promoted on our social media platforms on Instagram and Facebook so as to engage a wider audience.
- There is a submission fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) for each piece.
- The ASTT reserves the right to accept or decline work. It also reserves the right to rotate works at times in order to maintain a balanced and updated collection for viewing.
- Artists will be permitted to exchange or withdraw works from this Consignment inventory after a minimum of 30 days. Each exchange will incur a submission fee of fifty dollars ($50.00)
- The Art Society is not responsible for any loss or damage to artwork during the period of consignment. The ASTT will observe all protocols with respect to handling and securing of the gallery to ensure its inventory is securely stored.
- There are no specific dates for the consigned works to be displayed. They will be displayed in the gallery in between rentals so that visitors to the gallery can always view works from our members.
- Members are encouraged to use their own social media to promote their work, pointing their followers to the ASTT’s Facebook page.
- The Art Society will apply a 25% sales commission, based on the selling price of work purchased. This amount will be deducted from the Artists’ selling price.
- If works being submitted include glass in its framing, please submit a high res image of the works before glass is applied.
- Any works in the inventory of the consignment gallery can be used by the ASTT, at any point, in it’s Social Media to advertise the collection.