Call to Artists / Patrons
Dear Artist / Patron,
You are cordially invited to submit (100% donation) up to two (2) works in support of “the ARC (Artists’ Relief Charity) which is open to all. This document contains the guidelines and a timetable for the event. We look forward to your participation.
All visual art genres are acceptable (painting, photography, drawing, sculpture, digital prints, fiber art, collage or installation art) except video art.
|Sun 4 Nov (or before)||10am-5pm|| Submission of Donations
(Please note that ASTT is closed for all other business)
|Fri 9 Nov||4pm – 8pm||Art Auction|
|Sat 10 Nov||10am – 5pm||Collection of unsold pieces|
Guidelines For Submiting Works For The ARC
- WHO CAN SUBMIT WORKS: Artists / Patron (ASTT members & non-members).
You can become a member, or renew membership by coming into the ASTT office or by completing the online form and depositing the membership fee at any First Citizens Banks, nationwide. Then email us the deposit slip. http://artsocietytt.org/apply/ Membership Fee is $200 per year, however, as part of our 75thAnniversary celebration, ASTT is offering a moratorium of $100 for the remainder of 2018 PLUS $200.00 for 2019 for a total of $300 to be paid prior to or on submission. There is a student fee of $100.00 on presentation of valid student ID – once again there is an offer of a moratorium of $50 for the remainder of 2018 PLUS $100.00 for 2019 for a total of $150 to be paid prior to or on submission.
- WHAT CAN I SUBMIT? Artists can submit works in any medium or genre of visual arts which includes, Painting, Photography, Ceramics, Sculpture,Fabric or Other (other media not listed.
- HOW MANY WORKS CAN I SUBMIT? Artists may submit up to two (2) piecesof artwork.
- FRAMING A work may be submitted matted only but MUST be ready to be hung.
- PRICING: Artists/Patrons must establish a base selling/auction price of their work. 100% of this will go to the charity – a waiver may be signed to allow ASTT Auction Team to adjust pricing if deemed necessary.
- INSURANCE: The Art Society and all artworks in its possession are insured. A detailed inventory is given to the insurers for the run of its shows throughout the year. For special high value collections, a further coverage is obtained for that period of possession.
- SUBMISSION FEE: There is NO submission fee
- FINAL SUBMISSION: The final submission day is on or before the Sunday 4 November, 2018 between the hours of 10:00 pm and 5:00pm.During or before this time, artists are required to bring in their work(s), ready to hang or display. The labels provided (below) and submission form (also included below) should be completed prior to coming to the ASTT. This will help in expeditingyour submission
- COLLECTION: Collection of unsold works isSaturday 10thNovember, 2018.
FORMS TO BE COMPLETED WITH SUBMISSIONS
Please, as far as possible, complete these forms prior to coming into to ASTT as this will allow us to attend to all contributors quickly.